Site Visits

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

"Making this Up As I Go"...Intro Devo

JONES:..."I'm going after that truck SALLAH: "How?" JONES: "I don't know. I'm making this up as I go". 31 years after first hearing and seeing the above conversation unfold in the classic movie Indiana Jones & the Raiders of the Lost Ark, my son and I were able to experience the film together on not only "the big screen" but in an IMAX theater format recently (Sep 13th, 2012. See the Photos attached). That’s almost a “nuf-said” statement in itself.
It's been almost 5 months since I last blogged. Leave it to this shared experience to jumpstart my heart back into sharing insights from the journey so far. Writers block, for a thinker like me, mixed with being a student pastor, husband, & father of four is a tough load to bear. Without recapping the amazing movie experience itself (leave that to the movie reviewers) or divulging all the personal eventful moments of our trip, I’ve realized that there is a walkaway devotional truth here: as a Father observing and interacting with his son, I continue to realize more and more the possibilities of how the Heavenly Father waits to relate to His children. Additionally, our reciprocation back to Him is of equal importance in reckoning upon His smile. To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment