Site Visits

Monday, October 1, 2012

"Making This Up As I Go" Part 3


So, what about our reciprocation back towards God? 
In his comments on the exact RAIDERS scene mentioned in part 1 of this blog and in the book “Wild At Heart”, John Eldredge notes that “God is an immensely creative Person and he wants his sons to live that way too”. 

Really? I mean do we really believe that this is the way God wants to relate to us? This I believe is the other missing ingredient in how we are able to “come boldly to the throne of our gracious God (Hebrews 4:16)”.
As a son, Carson was able to extend to me his own creative gracious choice of picking the restaurant where we would go after the movie. 5 GUYS was the final choice and he was uncertain as a first-time customer. But he did know that it was conveniently located near a Barnes & Nobles that he definitely wanted to go to after the meal. I was glad to be led by him to do both wearing quite a smile.

On a final note, Charles Spurgeon once said that “It is when we are in His work that we may reckon upon His smile”.
Or to put it in an Indiana Jones style: I’m going after this Jesus... How?... I don’t know. I’m Making this Up as I Go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment