Site Visits

Thursday, September 23, 2010

"Miracle Drug"


This Sunday Christian churches across America will host a “Compassion Sunday”. Many other churches will host this at a later date, but at CROSSPOINT, where I currently serve, we will be hosting one, putting a Biblical spotlight on this much needed issue.
As I personally prepare to share about the ministry of Compassion International, several things have been on my heart and mind.

1) Compassion Definition -
compassion [kəmˈpæʃən]n:
a feeling of distress and pity for the suffering or misfortune of another, often including the desire to alleviate it
[from Old French, from Late Latin compassiō fellow feeling, from compatī to suffer with, from Latin com- with + patī to bear, suffer]


2) "Miracle Drug" lyrics -

“...The songs are in your eyes
I see them when you smile
I’ve had enough of romantic love
I’d give it up, yeah, Id give it up
For a miracle, a miracle drug, a miracle drug

God I need your help tonight -

Beneath the noise, Below the din
I hear a voice Its whispering...
In science and in medicine
I was a stranger, You took me in

The songs are in your eyes
I see them when you smile
I’ve had enough of romantic love
Id give it up, yeah, Id give it up
For a miracle, miracle drug. Miracle, miracle drug”


by U2 2004 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXT8QeOxHFc&feature=related


3) SCRIPTURES to Study: Proverbs 28:27; Isaiah 3:13-26; Jeremiah 5:26-29; Amos 2:6-7/4:1-3/8:3-10; Matthew 25:41; Luke 6:24-26; James 1:27/2:14-26/5:1-6; 1 John 3:11-24

When the people of God study the truth of God’s Word coupled with seeing the need around them in the world, they will respond with the compassion of Christ!
So, to help you know where to begin on your part in the story, check out these amazing compassionate organizations listed below...

WEBSITES to get you started:

www.samaritanspurse.org
www.worldvision.org
www.compassion.com
www.salvationarmyusa.org
www.operationworld.org
www.bloodwatermission.com
www.mochaclub.org
www.one.org/us

And of course, please check out your towns Local food pantries, soup kitchens, Foster care programs, Mentoring children in local schools...

BOOKS:
Operation World by Patrick Johnstone
Jesus Freaks: stories of those who gave their lives for Christ by Dc Talk
City on our Knees by TobyMac
On the Move by Bono
Radical by David Platt

No comments:

Post a Comment